Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Got milk?



Eli and I were bonding together over a very early breakfast at 3am, when it occurred to me: God has an interesting sense of humor. Eli was busy feasting on his fit-and-trim milk diet, while I was eating a chocolate donut. I thought to myself, Eli should be the one with the chocolate donut, while I work on getting back to fit-and-trim. Life doesn't work this way, unfortunately and therein lies the humor: while my monster struggles to gain weight, making a weekly pilgrimage to the doctor for weight checks, I'm busy eating chocolate donuts and the like. And not getting too fit-and-trim in the process.

I think Eli deserves the donut.

In case you are interested, Eli's last weight check put him at 5 pounds 6 ounces, which means he has surpassed his birth weight finally. We go back to the doctor this week for yet another round of naked scale dancing. We'll be slamming the donuts between now and then. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment